Friday, October 9, 2009

My Sharona

By Steve Evans

In the news, U.S. President Barack Obama won the Nobel Peace prize today. Bully for him.

More importantly, I heard My Sharona by The Knack on the radio this afternoon and a flood of 30-year-old memories washed across my troubled mind.

There is nostalgia. And then there is The Knack.

A quartet of misogynistic bastards they may have been, but those sonsabitches crafted a perfect power-pop song with the greatest guitar solo -- I said, the greatest guitar solo -- laid down by any band in 30 years.

Period.

My Sharona will tell you everything you need to know about rock-n-roll, post-Beatles.

Scroll to track 58 on my jukebox and goose the volume. Or check this video:



Yeah. That's right.

Copyright © 2009 by Cinematic Cteve // dba Cinema Uprising. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cinema Uprising values comments and feedback from readers. Although we cannot reply to every message, we do read comments and take your thoughts into consideration as we continuously produce fresh content.